Is Invisalign Worth It?
For someone considering Invisalign for the first time, there are a few key factors to weigh when deciding if it’s worth it:
- Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible, making treatment discreet. This improves self-confidence for many people.
- The aligners are removable, so you can eat, drink and brush your teeth normally during treatment. They are also comfortable and smooth.
- Treatment time averages 1-2 years, which is faster than traditional braces. Appointments are less frequent too.
- It utilizes the latest 3D modeling technology to simulate tooth movement and create customized aligners.
- Works for a variety of cases from minor to more complex teeth alignment issues.
- Invisalign costs significantly more than traditional braces – $3,000-$8,000 compared to $2,000-$6,000.
- Aligners must be worn 20-22 hours per day to be effective. You may experience temporary speech impediments.
- Aligners can be lost or damaged, incurring replacement fees, and possible prolonged treatment time, which makes them riskier for teenagers.
- Invisalign Attachments (buttons) or Elastics may be required in conjunction with aligners for certain treatments.
Overall, while pricier, Invisalign offers an effective and convenient alternative to braces for minor to moderate alignment cases. For more severe cases, traditional braces may still be better. Discuss options with an orthodontist to determine if Invisalign is right for you.